6 Important Factors to Look For in a Fixed Seating Provider
Whether you’re redesigning an existing facility or you’re building a brand new venue, your choice of seating will have a huge impact on how it all looks and functions. Seating also has a major influence how visitors experience what you’re offering. Therefore, your choice of fixed seating is more important than many realize and it shouldn’t be overlooked.
If you’ve been considering different companies or providers, then use this quick guide to view some of the most essential factors you need to be looking for.
- Customization: The chairs you select for a church will be quite different from what you might select for a high-end movie theatre or college lecture hall. Beyond those obvious differences, customization is key when it comes to fixed seating. You want a seating provider to offer a broad range of options so that you can match desired color schemes and overall aesthetics, specific applications, usage and more. Every element of your seating should result in a tailor-made look for your facility.
- Finishes: One major area of customization is your choice of finishes. This includes types of wood and wood stains, laminates, and enamel coatings in different colors. Other finishing touches can include accessories such as seat numbers, lettering, or plaques.
- Fabrics: Fabrics are another crucial element that will put your unique stamp on your finished product. Do you want luxurious leather, solid-color or patterned upholstery, or durable and affordable molded plastic shells? Are you seeking a vintage aesthetic, or something more modern, or do you just want to match your school or business’s color scheme?
- Comfort: Whatever type of venue you may be operating, comfort and accessibility are always essential for your patrons. Comfort depends upon factors such as materials utilized, as well as the design of the chair itself — how it curves and matches the body, the size of the seating area for each person, and more. Other options for added comfort include the ability to recline, stationary or retractable armrests, and extra-cushioned seats.
- Attention to Detail: This means you need to work with a company that has proven attention to detail. This includes quality craftsmanship, manufacturing and installation, dependable repairs, extra parts and servicing, along with a careful eye to get every detail right.
- Customer Service: Investing in a new fixed seating arrangement is a major decision for any type of facility or venue. Don’t settle for a company that doesn’t have the time of day for you and your business. Any provider you choose should always be dedicated to offering you excellent customer service. You should be able to communicate with them freely, ask questions, and understand how they can match your specific desires, goals, and needs.
When it comes to choosing the right seating, there are a lot of options on the market. That is why Seating Concepts has an experienced customer service staff to help you configure the right fixed seating for your venue. Feel free to contact us today by calling 800.868.8464 or visit www.SeatingConcepts.com.